The Nevada NIRSAT
AAEME created the first computerized “on-line testing” Impairment Rating option which was requested and implemented in Texas for their Workers Compensation program. The Texas Impairment Rating Skills Assessment Test was called TIRSAT. This was needed due to the size of Texas and the fact that physicians were spread throughout the state.
Nevada requested that we offer the same “on-line testing” program and under the direction of Smiddy Lamb, the NIRSAT test was created for the State of Nevada.
They requested separate tests for MD’s and DC’s.
Physicians who take and pass this test earn the prestigious title of
Certified Impairment Rating Specialist
Chief Administrative office, Division of Industrial Relations
“The Division of Industrial Relations is requiring rating physicians and chiropractors to pass the Nevada Impairment Rating Skills Assessment Test (NIRSAT) covering the 5th edition of the AMA Guides. The American Academy of Expert Medical Examiners is the exclusive provider for this test.”
“Effective 9/1/06, only raters that have passed the NIRSAT (passing grade 75%) will be assigned PPD evaluations pursuant NRS 616C.490. NIRSAT has been overwhelming positive in that the test did address a raters’ competency to perform ratings correctly and accurately per the 5th edition of the AMA Guides.”
“Nevada’s Workers Compensation section believes that NIRSAT developed by AAEME will have a positive effect on improving PPD evaluations and reducing requests for subsequent ratings.”
Paper testing is available for those with a “vision disability” approved by the DIR. The test will then be given in the offices of the DIR and send to AAEME for grading.
AAEME has been offering on line testing, educational programs, videos of 5th edition education, PowerPoint presentations and Impairment Rating software to help doctors provide a fair and accurate impairment rating while using their clinical skills.
Over the years over 4200 doctors have been tested nationwide with our “on-line” Impairment Rating assessment program in all editions of the AMA Guides.
AAEME created the national standard in testing for Impairment Rating Competence.
- Register on line by clicking the red test button.
- Once your credit card is processed, the test will be added to your online account.
- The test is 4 hours long, multiple choice answers.
- Tests were created by MD’s and DC’s.
- A Quick Study Guide with sample questions and answers is available to purchase in the store.
- A CIRS certificate of completion will be emailed to you.
- The passing score for the NIRSAT is 75%. The passing score for the CIRS is 70%.
- If you fail, the cost for retaking the test is 50% off. You have 3 months to retake the test for the reduced price.